1. Home
  2. Banking
  3. Tax
  4. Forms
  5. ppf - ssy
  6. Sr. Citizen
  7. Widgets
  8. Misc.
  1. Home ➤ 
  2. Misc. ➤ 
  3. You Are Here

Calculate NPS Pension, Annuity & Lump Sum Value

Download fillable NPS forms

NPS Pension, Annuity & Lump Sum Value Calculator

This NPS calculator calculates estimated amounts of NPS Pension, Annuity payable and Lump Sum amount payable to NPS subscriber on maturity or attaining 60 years of age, based on regular monthly contributions, percentage of corpus reinvested for purchasing annuity and assumed rates in respect of returns on investment and annuity. The calculator shows growth chart of year-wise growth of NPS account and also year-wise data in tabular format. We have tried to make it one of the best online NPS Calculator. We shall be glad to receive your feedback / suggestions to make it more useful and user-friendly.

NPS (National Pension Scheme) CalculatorEnter data in unshaded fields
Current Age
Age of Retirement ( Change, if necessary )
Monthly Contribution
Current balance in your NPS account
Estimated rate of return on investment
Percentage of Annuity, you want to purchase
Expected Annuity return rate
Please enter data in all unshaded fields and then Submit.
Total number of years of contribution
Your Contributions till retirement
Total estimated Corpus on retirement
Annuity Value
Lump sum value
Expected monthly Pension

The Central Government has introduced the National Pension System (NPS) with effect from January 01, 2004 (except for armed forces). NPS was made available to All Citizens of India from May 01, 2009. It has the following main objectives:

  1. Provide old age income.
  2. Reasonable market based returns over the long term
  3. Extending old age security coverage to all citizens
Following benefits were announced in December 2018 :
  1. Enhancement of the mandatory contribution by the Central Government for its employees covered under NPS Tier-I from the existing 10% to 14%.
  2. Providing freedom of choice for selection of Pension Funds and pattern of investment to central government employees. Payment of compensation for non-deposit or delayed deposit of NPS contributions during 2004-2012.
  3. Tax exemption limit for lump sum withdrawal on exit has been enhanced to 60%. With this, the entire withdrawal will now be exempt from income tax. (At present, 40% of the total accumulated corpus utilized for purchase of annuity is already tax exempted. Out of 60% of the accumulated corpus withdrawn by the NPS subscriber at the time of retirement, 40% is tax exempt and balance 20% is taxable.)
  4. Contribution by the Government employees under Tier-II of NPS will now be covered under Section 80 C for deduction up to Rs. 1.50 lakh for the purpose of income tax at par with the other schemes such as General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees Provident Fund and Public Provident Fund provided that there is a lock-in period of 3 years.
Following Tax Benefits are available under NPS :
  • Any individual who is Subscriber of NPS can claim tax deduction up to 10% of gross income under Sec 80 CCD (1) with in the overall ceiling of Rs. 1.5 lac under Sec 80 CCE.
  • An additional deduction for investment up to Rs. 50,000 in NPS (Tier I account) is available exclusively to NPS subscribers under subsection 80CCD (1B). This is over and above the deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh available under section 80C of Income Tax Act. 1961.
  • Tax benefits on partial withdrawal:

    Subscriber can partially withdraw from NPS tier I account before the age of 60 for specified purposes. According to Budget 2017, amount withdrawn up to 25 per cent of Subscriber contribution is exempt from tax.

  • Tax benefit on Annuity purchase:

    Amount invested in purchase of Annuity, is fully exempt from tax. However, annuity income that you receive in the subsequent years will be subject to income tax.

  • Tax benefit on lump sum withdrawal:

    After Subscriber attain the age of 60, up to 60 percent (raised from 40 percent) of the total corpus withdrawn in lump sum is exempt from tax.

    If total corpus at the age of 60 is 20 lakhs, then 60% of the total corpus i.e. 12 lakhs, you can withdraw without paying any tax. So, if you use 60% of NPS corpus for lump sum withdrawal and remaining 40% for annuity purchase at the time of retirement, you do not pay any tax at that time. Only the annuity income that you receive in the subsequent years will be subject to income tax.

Income Tax Calculator for AY 2021-22TDS Calculator AY 2019-20
SSY Rules 2019Ideal Body Weight, Mass and BMI
Other Income Tax ratesView 26AS - Tax Credit Statement
Axis Bank forms - FillableRTO forms - Fillable
Kisan Vikas Patra Rules 2019Senior Citizen Saving Rules 2019
Updated : Aug 25, 2020