Income Tax & Other Taxes
PPF Calculator, forms, Rules & Info
SSY Calculator, form, Rules & Info
Complete code / Embed code
Misc. scripts, calculators & utilities
View / Access Form 26AS - Income Tax Credit Statement
Form 26AS (Income Tax Credit) statement shows details of credit received against your PAN for TDS deducted by your employer and other dedutors, Advance Tax and / or Self Assessment Tax paid by you besides other information listed below. If the amount of tax deducted from your income / paid by you is not credited against your PAN for any reason, you may receive demand for payment of income tax from Income Tax department and / or refund claimed by you in your return may not be received / delayed. Therefore, it is advisable to view 26AS statement and verify the amount of income tax credited against your PAN. The 26AS statement contains following information:
- Details of income tax deducted on behalf of the taxpayer by deductors
- Details of income tax collected on behalf of the taxpayer by collectors
- Advance tax / self assessment tax / regular assessment tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of paid refund received during the financial year
- Details of the High value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
You can view Form 26AS statement online by any of the following methods :
I. View 26AS statement by registering for e-filing
- Visit e-filing portal of Income Tax Department
- Click on the Register yourself Button available on the home page. The registration page will open.
- Select the User Type (such as Individual, Firm etc) and Click on Continue button.
- Enter Basic Details and click on Continue button.
Basic details to be entered:
- PAN (this is your User ID for e-Filing website)
- Name (Surname, Middle name and First name or Organization Name in case of Non-Individuals)
- Date of Birth /Date of Incorporation
- Mobile Phone (not required for Non-Residents)
- After verification, the Registration Form will open. Enter the details in the form.
Mandatory Details to be entered:
- Password (This is the password that you will use to access the website- see strong password policy)
- Personal Details/ Principal Contact Details
- Contact Details
- Current Address
- Subscribe to Mailing List
- Enable Alerts, reminder and notifications
- Click on Calculate button.
On successful validation, Taxpayer will get the message Registration successful.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the Email provided with an Activation link. An SMS along with OTP (One time Password) will also be sent to the Mobile number provided.
- In order to activate the account, the taxpayer should click on the Activation link and enter the OTP received by SMS on Mobile. On success, the account is activated.
- Login to e-Filing website with User ID, Password, Date of Birth /Date of Incorporation and Captcha.
- Go to My Account and click on 'View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)'. Select Assessment Year.
The following details can be seen, as applicable:
- Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS),
- Tax Collected at Source (TCS),
- Advance Tax/ Self-Assessment Tax deposited in the bank by tax payers, and
- Refund details for an Assessment Year
II. View Form 26AS - Tax Credit statement through net banking facility of authorized banks
This facility is available to a PAN holder having net banking account with any of authorised banks. View of Form 26AS is available only if the PAN is mapped to that particular account. The facility is available free of cost. Login to your bank's internet banking website and click on the option provided to view Form 26AS.
List of banks registered with TRACES for providing view of Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS)
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank
|Axis Bank Limited||Bank of Baroda
|Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra
|Canara Bank||Central Bank of India
|Citibank in India||City Union Bank Limited
|Corporation Bank||Dena Bank
|HDFC Bank Limited||ICICI Bank Limited
|DBI Bank Limited||in Indian Bank
|in Indian Overseas Bank||Karnataka Bank Limited
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||Oriental Bank of Commerce
|Punjab National Bank||State Bank of India
|Syndicate Bank||The Federal Bank Limited
|The Karur Vysya Bank Limited||The Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India
|United Bank of India||Vijaya Bank
|Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd||Punjab And Sind Bank|
You may visit https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/en/netbanking.html to know about the up-to-date list of banks registered with TRACES for providing view of Form 26AS (Tax Credit Statement).
- visit the online banking site of the bank with which you have internet banking facility and your PAN have been mapped correctly.
- Login to the Bank Website using your internet banking login credentials.
- Click on 'Tax Credit Statement' to view details
III. Online view through TRACES
This facility is available to the deductor in order to verify whether the PANs, for which he is deducting TDS are getting the credit for the same or not. This feature is available for only those valid PANs for which TDS / TCS statement has been previously filed by the deductor.
- Deductor has to log in to TRACES.
- Go to statement/ payment tab.
- Select view TDS/TCS credit.
- Enter the details and click on go.