(1) These rules may be called the Service Tax (Settlement of Cases) Rules, 2012.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(b) "Excise Act" means the Central Excise Act, 1944 (1 of 1944);
(c) "Form SC(ST)-1" means the form appended to these rules;
(d) "Section" means a section of the Act;
(e) Words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Act or Excise Act, shall have the respective meanings assigned to them in those Acts.
(1) An application under sub-section (1) of section 32E of Excise Act, made applicable to service tax vide section 83 of the Act, shall be made in the Form SC(ST)-1.
(2) The application referred to in sub-rule (1), the verification contained therein and all relevant documents accompanying such application shall be signed,-
(b) in the case of a Hindu undivided family, by the Karta of such family and, where the Karta is absent from India or is mentally incapacitated from attending to his affairs, by the senior most adult member of the family available;
(c) in the case of a company or local authority, by the principal officer thereof;
(d) in the case of a firm, by any partner thereof, not being a minor;
(e) in case of any other association, by any member of the association or the principal officer thereof; and
(f) in the case of any other person, by that person or some person competent to act on his behalf.
(3) Every application in the Form SC(ST)-1 shall be filed in quintuplicate and shall be accompanied by a fee of one thousand rupees.
(4) The additional amount of service tax accepted by the applicant along with interest due thereon, shall be deposited by him in any of the authorised bank under TR-6, referred to in the Service Tax Rules, 1994 (hereinafter referred to as TR-6 Challan) in quintuplicate, or G.A.R.-7 and shall be disclosed by him in the Form.
The Settlement Commission shall, while calling for a report from the Commissioner of Central Excise having jurisdiction or Commissioner of Service Tax having jurisdiction, under sub-section (3) of section 32F of Excise Act, made applicable to service tax vide section 83 of the Act, forward a copy of the application referred to in sub-rule (1) of rule 3 along with the annexure to the application and the statements and other documents accompanying such annexure.
(1) Where the Settlement Commission orders attachment of property under sub-section (1) of section 32G of Excise Act, made applicable to service tax vide section 83 of the Act, it shall send a copy of such order to the Commissioner of Central Excise or Commissioner of Service Tax having jurisdiction over the place in which the applicant owns any movable or immovable property or resides or carries on his business or has his bank account.
(2) On receipt of the order referred to in sub-rule (1), the Commissioner may authorise any officer subordinate to him and not below the rank of an Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise or Service Tax to take steps to attach such property of the applicant.
(3) The officer authorised under sub-rule (2) shall prepare an inventory of the property attached and specify in it, in the case of the immovable property, the description of such property sufficient to identify it and in case of the movable property, the place where such property is lodged or kept and shall hand over a copy of the same to the applicant or to the person from whose charge the property is attached.
(4) The officer authorised under sub-rule (2) shall send a copy of the inventory so prepared each to the Commissioner of Central Excise and the Settlement Commission.
Any person who makes an application under section 32J of Excise Act, made applicable to service tax vide section 83 of the Act, for obtaining copies of reports made by any Central Excise Officer, shall pay a fee of five rupees per page of each report or part thereof.
|You may like to View / Use / Download|
|Income Tax Calculator AY 2021-22|
Calculate Taxable Income and Income Tax Liability of Individuals for AY 2021-22.
|Income Tax Slabs / Rates AY 2021-22|
View income Tax Rates & Slabs for AY 2021-22 as per Existing and New Tax Regimes.
|Advance Tax Calculator AY 2021-22|
Calculate Advance Tax payable by Individuals on various due dates.
|Interest u/s 234A B C Calculator|
Calculate Interest payable under Section 234A, 234B and 234C.
|TDS Calculator AY 2021-22|
Calculate TDS deductible on Salary and Other payments to different payees for AY 2021-22.
|TDS Rates AY 2021-22|
TDS Rates (Revised) for all payments and payees for AY 2021-22
|Tax Saving Calculator|
Calculate Tax savings for various Tax Saving investments.
|Post Office Small Saving Calculators|
Use Calculators for NSC, PO MIS, SCSS, PO RD, PO TD and KVP Schemes.
|PPF Calculator 2020|
Use PPF calculator for calculation of Maturity Date, Maturity Value, Interest and Return on Investment.
|SSY Calculator 2020|
Use SSY calculator for calculation of Maturity Value, Interest and Return on Investment.
|Challan 280 in fillable Excel and PDF|
Download fillable Income Tax Challan 280 in Excel / PDF
|TDS form 16 in Excel with Calculation formulas|
Download fillable Income Tax Form 16 in Excel with auto calculation formulas.
|PAN & TAN forms and Annexures in fillable PDF|
Download fillable PAN and TAN forms
|Post Office forms in Fillable PDF|
Download fillable Post Office forms
|SBI Lending Rates for Perquisite Valuation|
View SBI Lending Rates for Perquisite Valuation
PMVVY (Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana) 2020 Calcultor